The saint mountain of Catalonia, Montserrat is visible from Penedés and it is only a half an hour drive from Sant Sadurní d’Anoia. Apart from the obligatory Montserrat, Penedés is full of charming hiking routes, and what is the best: many of the routes end or include a cava house or a winery. Drinking a glass of ice cold, refreshing, citrucy sparkling wine after a sweating hike is one of the best things in life. Cycling is also great in Penedés and you can easily borrow a bike. Enjoy it, you deserve it!
– Please, note that the wineries below are featured to give inspiration. Your sparkling tour can include one of these, or all, or others mentioned under other sparkling tours, or any winery to your liking.
– Winery visits are somewhere between 20 and 70 euros.
– We are happy to organize an airport-sparklingheaven-airport tour (so you can relax and enjoy, we take care of hotel, transfer, meals and programmes), but if you prefer more freedom, we will give you exactly what you need.
– Our team is small, hence in case of a 2-5 day tour prior booking is highly advised. For a one day programme we are quite likely to help you even if it is short notice.
– Contact us (firstname.lastname@example.org) and we will quickly draft your tailor made sparkling tour.
A modern winery with breathtaking view of Montserrat and the surrounding vineyards. After a short winery visit guests can enjoy the sunshine on the grassy terrace with exciting cavas, cheeses and other delicacies. The hike to Bertha takes you through a stream and you may encounter a peaceful flock of sheep.
Vins el Cep
The first biodynamic estate of Penedés is situated outside Sant Sadurní d’Anoia, and the passionate manager of the estate takes guests to the vineyard for a walk to see the healthy vines, the lively vineyards. The cellar visit is uniqe and exciting, and the sparkling wines will make you stay – and maybe you can enjoy a true “blind tasting”.
The estate has a nice collection of old objects of winemaking and grape growing. Castellroig (or Sabate i Coca, as it is also known) is a corpinnat winery which means that the estate applies stricter rules than most cava producers. Organic vineyards, long ageing, mostly local grapes – just to mention a few.